Where a selection trial is to be held concurrently with the Victorian Deaf Golf Championships, then the following shall apply, but not before each individual golfer conforms to the following :-
1. Hearing Loss: Have a hearing loss of at least 55 decibels in the better ear
2. The Victorian Deaf Golf Men’s Team to contest the Australian Deaf Golf Championship shall be selected as follows :-
• The top 5 (five) from the Victorian Deaf Golf Championships identified as the Selection Tournament shall qualify automatically for the Men’s Team. The team shall then vote within this 5 members for their Captain.
• The Captain shall, by 2 weeks after the Victorian Deaf Golf Championships, nominate a Captain’s Selection (regardless of whether he played in the Victorian Deaf Golf Championships), to Deaf Golf Victoria Committee for approval.
• Any vacancies in the Team (from Players Ranked 1 to 5), shall be filled by the next consecutive number of the player according to his position in the Victorian Deaf Golf Championships
3. The Victorian Deaf Ladies Golf Team : The same rules as for the selection of the Men’s Team shall apply (Size of team is determined by Deaf Golf Australia prior to each Tournament).
4. Fundraising: Any fundraising initiatives by Deaf Golf Victoria, is to be made available on an exact portion to all those who are in the Victorian Deaf Golf Team including individual golfers and the Team Manager (if applicable).
5. The Victorian Deaf Golf Team Manager: Deaf Golf Victoria shall appoint a player or non-player to the office of the Victorian Deaf Golf Team Manager and remain in this office for the duration between the Victorian Deaf Golf Championships and the Australian Deaf Golf Championships.